CHARLES BAND INTERVIEW - Part 2
- Will the Puppet Master DVD box set ever be re-released?
Right now the box set is going for well over $100 on Ebay.
CB - No unfortunately not. We have received
some very unhappy emails about the box set. But the good
news is we have the first 3 Spanish Edition Puppet Master
DVDs on sale on our site. At first glance people think well
I don't want to watch them in Spanish but they're actually
the original english versions with option of watching them
with or without the Spanish subtitles. Some of the early
DVD films are owned by Paramount. We assumed we had the
rights because we owned the rights to all the Laserdisc
movies. But as soon as that box set came out it was nasty
letter time and I didn't want to fight with them about it.
There were only a few hundred box sets that were shipped
out but then were basically called back. Few people have
them and they're a still some floating around. But again
the fallback is we have Puppet Master 1-3 Spanish DVD versions
for the fans.
- Ages ago I read about a TV show you planned on developing
called Puppet Wars. Do you have any future plans for a TV
- Not yet but once we get up to speed with the new DVD releases
some of these characters would be so perfect for a TV series
or a video game. I mean, I think Puppet Master would make
an amazing video game.
- Well yeah, fans are desperate for a Puppet Master video
- Right now we don't have the resources to do it ourselves
and would have to partner up. With people talking about
it and we put the idea out there maybe we'll be approached
by a good video game company.
- Did you see Sci-Fi's Puppet Master vs. Demonic Toys? If
so, what did you think about it?
- No I didn't, I kinda didn't want to get depressed. I heard
enough about it. But if I was a consultant I would have
giving them some suggestions but I only sold Sci-Fi the
rights to one Puppet Master movie. People think I don't
have the rights anymore, but that's not true. We can make
all the Puppet Master movies we want, we control the merchandise,
etc. I gave them the right to make that one movie when I
needed the money. That's it.
- What ever happened to the 12" Six Shooter, the Tiny
Terrors and mainly the Cyber Puppets?
- Well it's the whole business element. It's an expensive
canvas, manufacturing all these new toys offshore. It was
financial reason why these were never produced, but now
we're back with a good business plan. Once we get this first
series out there we can move on these ideas.
- So there is a possibility?
- Oh absolutely. Absolutely. The Cyber Puppets...there are
so many cool ideas we have to go one step at a time ya know.
- Gotcha. There are so many Puppet Master fans out there
and even though there has been no word on any new movies
or action figures the fans have hung in there still supporting
Puppet Master. So there are thousands of people out there
that are super excited about all the new Puppet Master movie
and action figures news you're giving us.
- Well you know..we made some good ones and we made some
bad ones but now we have a good formula here. These new
Puppet Master figures look great and we'll see how things
evolve. But I have no doubt next year we'll have plenty
of new Puppet Master items created.
- Awesome. Alright I won't take any more of your
time and let you get back to business.
- I appreciate it, thanks and take care.
- You too Charles.